|CertificateCollector.Com - Scripophily Collection|
Weymouth Hospital. In 1921, Weymouth surgeon Dr. George E. Emerson started the movement to build a hospital in Weymouth. In March of 1922, Dr. Emerson, and others where awarded a charter by the state for the hospital. A 3+ acre lot with building ("The Reed Mansion") was purchased on the corner of Main and Columbian Streets in South Weymouth for $14,000. The hospital opened in the Spring of 1922 with 20 beds, one operating room, one delivery room and nursery, and an X-ray machine. As the hospital grow, it began to service more and more people from beyond Weymouth and so in 1945, it changed its name to "South Shore Hospital". In 1977, the Hospital reorganized from a shareholder corporation to a membership corporation.
Stock. Issued in 1922 to the Girl Scouts. #253. Signed by two of the founders, Dr. George E. Emerson as Treasurer and William C. Earle as President.
You've reached the end of this page. Thanks for looking.Top of Page